If you have a device connected to your Wi-Fi router, you can change the wireless channel by following the steps below:
You will need your router's IP address. This is usually located under the router along with the username and password. If you are unable to locate it, follow these steps:
- Open your command prompt. (You can do this by typing cmd into windows search and clicking on the command prompt application)
- Once open, type ipconfig and press enter.
- Find your default gateway in the search results. This is your router's IP address.
Now that you have your router's IP address, open your web browser and put the IP address in the web address bar. This will bring you to a login screen where you will need to:
- Enter your username and password. *You can find this underneath your router.
- Once you are logged into the router, click on the wireless section, and then go through the settings until you see the wireless channel. This will be normally set on auto.
- From the drop-down menu, take it off auto or the number that it was assigned to, and move it to another channel.