There are a number of things that you can try to improve your broadband speed:
- Reboot your router. A restart will help clear up any interference.
- Change the position of the router. Keep it elevated on a table or shelf and away from concrete walls, household appliances, wireless keyboards, baby monitors, and/or cordless phones.
- If your router has antennas, make sure that they are being used properly and positioned straight up. You can also try and raise one and place one straight if your home has more than one floor.
- Plug-in your device with an ethernet cable. This will limit your positioning within the house but will provide you a stable and strong connection.
- Ugrade your router. If your router is 4-5 years old, there is a good chance that is it outdated, or could be affected by heat damage.
- Change your wifi password. Ensure that you are using a strong password so that others won't be able to access your connection.
- Upgrade your plan. Once you have tried all of the above, and are still unhappy with your broadband speed, it is time to revisit the plan you have. WeCompare is here to help! You can browse our broadband plans easily by clicking here.